This rice, chicken, and bean bake is pretty easy! AND it was a hit with both me and my husband. Since it’s not spicy at all, I think it would be great for kiddos too (Mabel is too young to try it out for me, lol!).
Rice, Chicken and Bean Bake
Adapted from How Sweet It Is
Ingredients That You’ll Need:
- 3 small or 2 large boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 2 cup bag of shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups cooked brown rice (I know I have Minute Rice in the pic, but next time I’ll go with real brown rice, I was just short for time)
- 1 4 ounce can green chili
- 1 15 ounce can black beans (drain and rinse)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup plain greek yogurt (I used greek yogurt but I think next time I’ll go with the sour cream)
- cilantro for garnish (this is optional)
*Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
*Prepare your chicken – I boiled the chicken breasts but you can also grill them.
*Prepare your brown rice.
*Once the chicken and rice are done, mix all of the ingredients together except for the cilantro. Make sure they’re really well mixed together!
*Place in a baking dish and top with a little more shredded cheese to melt on top as it bakes.
*Bake for 25 minutes.
*Add some chopped up cilantro as a topping once you have the servings plated.
*I used cheddar cheese but you can always experiment with different cheeses.
*Also, you can add different toppings. I think I might put some black olives on top the next time I make this.
*Lastly, to my husband the bake I made wasn’t spicy enough for him. I’m not the spicy food kinda person, so once he was served, he added jalapenos and Tabasco sauce.
Click to discover some other great blogs!